Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 1: Running in Ibiza

RUN: 2.8 miles

My birthday is finally here and I´ve done my first run!
I ran (with my boyfriend Andy - since it´s my birthday and I´m in a 'strange' country) a few miles around Cala Llonga.
We headed out about 7am, while the shadows were long and the pavements were still relatively cool.
A few stretches by the pool and off we went, out of the town away from the beach down a dirt track for a mile or so, looped round to the main road, up the hill and back down towards the beach and the hotel.
Cooled down next to the pool and got ready for our birthday boat trip.
I´ve looked on Google Maps to see how far we ran because I can´t use MapMyRun out here. I´ll do that for every run once I'm back in England though. We did 2.8 miles today.
It was warm work indeed and I can tell I haven´t run for a little while, waiting for my shin splints to heal, so it was quite hard work for just my first few miles, I must admit. Thought I´d start with just a shortish route for the first one though.
Shins feel ok though, which is good news *Touch wood*.
Here's me resting and cooling down by the very empty pool after my first run...

No comments:

Post a Comment