Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 49: 100 miles done! Woohoo!

RUN: 3.4 miles

I knew I had 3.2 miles to do to get to my first century, so I was determined to reach my milestone today, despite being short on time... again!
So I went down to the canal. There were plenty of people out and about getting active on the canal -perhaps inspired by the Olympics.
There were a few fishermen (not that that's an Olympic sport!), loads of runners, lots of walkers, even more cyclists... and even a woman hula-hooping beside her narrowboat. Not an Olympic sport either, but if it was this lady might be in Team GB. She was going for at least 25 minutes... she was still at it when I passed her on the way back. I might have to dust off my own hoop soon!
One American couple even challenged me to a race. I won - they were on a narrowboat.
The thing I like about running on the canal is that there's usually something or other going on to keep you entertained. There are also plenty of people about, and it makes stopping totally out of the question while someone can see you running along! Which is all of the time.
Here's my route and information. I miscalculated my distance on the towpath so I had to do a little loop on the main road too.

I needed to go to the supermarket quick-smart after my run, so having not iced my legs after my last two runs I needed to ice-and-go. Here's my solution involving tubigrips, icepads and wide-leg jeans!...

No comments:

Post a Comment