Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 125: Farewell to Summertime from the Chevin

RUN: 4.5 miles

After five days of short runs for a bit of recovery time, I was raring to go today.
Perhaps my confidence was a bit misplaced...

I set off straight up the Chevin and was completely exhausted rather quickly. By the time I'd reached the very top of the moor,  I'd stopped three times to catch my breath! It did involve a 500ft climb to be fair. Luckily there were plenty of opportunities to stop and take some nice photos up there.

It was the same route I did with my friends on Day 77, when it seemed far easier! I obviously need some company to spur me on to take the effort up a notch.

So a bit of an ambitious, start-stop, tough run, but it's another 4.5 miles in the bag for the last day of British Summertime.
Clocks go back tonight, so it's all darkness from here on in.

Here's a nice autumnal sunset view from the Chevin down into misty Guiseley. Bye bye, Summertime.


See today's 4.5-mile route here

No comments:

Post a Comment