Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 143: Joining the friendly masses for a training trip

RUN: 3.4 miles

Quite a tough run today - perhaps because that I haven't been doing as much running as I should, with being full of cold last week and having a hectic few days to start off this week.

Well I certainly wasn't the only one hitting the pavements around Guiseley this evening - the town is full of runners! I think they must all be in training for the Leeds Abbey Dash 10K at the weekend...

I find that runners are generally unfriendly. Unlike wakers, cyclists (apparently) and general village folk, they avoid eye contact, heads down, no smiling, saying hello or even raising an eyebrow in acknowledgement of the common pastime you are sharing.
Well today was a different case. I came home with a warm fuzzy feeling after passing friendly runner after friendly runner along my route, with nods of encouragement, knowing smiles in recognition of the effort needed to power on up that hill, cheery "good evenings" and friendly waves. If only every night was like tonight.

I'm certainly looking forward to Sunday's run if these are the people I'll be running alongside.
Only four days to go... hopefully I'll be feeling a bit more on form for the weekend.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment