Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 148: A bit of energetic window shopping

RUN: 5.2 miles

Yesterday's 10K run must have filled me with energy, because I felt like doing it all over again tonight.

I didn't quite make it to six miles again, but still a longer run than I would normally do on a weekday evening. I did one of my usual four-mile routes and when I got to the turning-back point, I just kept going. Plus it was quite a steep uphill climb, so I must have been feeling very energetic. I'd better get used to going further, because proper marathon training is creeping up fast, and I'll have to do regular four, five and six-mile runs in the evenings.

Anyway, I ran up to a bridal shop in Yeadon to look at some bridesmaid dresses in the window that my cousin has in mind for her wedding in May. We're booked in to try them on next Saturday, but I couldn't resist a sneak peek.

Here's the shop, but not the dresses - wouldn't like to blow any secrets.


One more thing about the Abbey Dash yesterday... One of the things that kept me going on the day was some sponsorship that came through early yesterday morning. It was from a man I met on a first aid course I did last week. Anthony Wild - also from Guiseley and also doing the Abbey Dash yesterday - and his wife Helen very kindly sponsored me. I have no other way of sending my thanks, so if you're reading this, thank you Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment