Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 150: Braving a new route

RUN: 2.8 miles

Feeling a bit better today, I thought I'd try a new route. I took a road quite near home, which I never tried before because, to be honest, I thought it was a big hill! Well it wasn't too big, and I think it might be a new addition to my list of favourite routes.

What did people do before Google Maps? It's a brilliant way of working out where and how far I'm going to go before I set off - especially if I'm trying somewhere new - and Streetview is a good tool for checking out the pavement/safety situation.

Another handy tool I've found for route planning is this website - footpathmaps.com - that shows all the public footpaths in the area. You need to visit early in the day though, or the free site runs out of data allocation! 
www.footpathmaps.com
 Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment