Sunday, December 09, 2012

Day 168: Blown off course on an 11.6-miler!

RUN: 11.6 miles

Boyfriend Andy and I set off for a ten-mile run early doors, on a route which he had worked out and explained to me in case we had to separate at some point.

I was determined to stick with him to prove that my speed and fitness has improved. However, I think he was more determined to shake me off as quickly as possible because we started at break-neck speed (8 min mile), which I think is very fast, even for him.

So almost three miles in I told him to go ahead and carried on with the route alone as he sped off into the distance. I'll catch him one day!

As I climbed up through Yeadon towards Leeds Bradford Airport (getting attacked by a dog which I accidentally startled along the way!) it became very windy.

I almost took off, too, at windy Leeds Bradford Airport!

I cleverly decided to stray from the recommended route and ran a further mile before realising the pavement ended along a 50mph stretch, so had to turn back and go back to the original plan. Gah!

I finally made it home I had clocked up 11.6 miles in just under two hours. I'm pretty impressed with that, actually. My longest run yet and almost a half marathon. This bodes well for a sub-two hour run for Liverpool Half Marathon in March. Bring it on!

Here's today's big run

No comments:

Post a Comment