Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 212: Taking no risks with pavement danger

RUN: 2.1 miles (3.35km)

As I was driving home from work I saw a few people out running, making me hopeful of getting back outside myself. They seemed to be running fairly gingerly, though, and some of them were even running on the road - on the A65! - making me think the pavements must be as bad as they look. Back on the treadmill.

I'm not feeling 100% today with a big headache and various other things - so it's likely I would have stuck to a one-miler if it were a normal day. Running outside, I tend to choose my route before I set off, but on the treadmill you can just go by how you feel and even persuade yourself to go that little bit further once you've had enough.

Tomorrow is Wednesday - running-to-work day - but since the hard-packed snow on the pavements is showing no signs of melting it's looking very doubtful indeed. Apparently there is more snow on the way, too. Gym here I come... again!


No comments:

Post a Comment