Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 220: A horrible, horrible Wednesday run to work

RUN: 7.6 miles

Well... that was by far the worst run I have done so far.
This morning on the news I saw there was a weather warning for wind and rain, so I expected to get a bit wet.
What I actually got was a trip into a boggy field to retrieve my hat that blew off; swept off my feet by the wind right into (almost over) a wall; stung really hard by rain, plus some hailstones thrown in for good measure.
And as if all that wasn't enough I had to shelter behind a gatepost because I couldn't see. The rain was coming down so hard it was like standing under a shower. Running into the wind all the way was pretty exhausting too, but I got there eventually. Phew!

Here's a very bad photo of the field I waded into - through barbed wire - to get the hat back (the white thing). It's taken through my hi-tech all-weather phone protector (a sandwich bag!)


Here's today's awful run

No comments:

Post a Comment