Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 233: Experimenting with the Cruise Control Run app

RUN: 6.1 miles

Still feeling good today, it was satisfying to get back on the training programme with six miles.

I've discovered a good music app for running - Cruise Control Run. It's right up my street, basically getting the music to work with your running and vice versa.

It can speed up/slow down the music in your playlist to make you speed up/slow down to get you to your target speed; it can do the same with a target heart rate; or it can speed up/slow down your music to your chosen cadence - so you can run along matching your footfall to the best of the music - perfect!

It analyses the music in your iPod and selects the songs that will work. Then you can set your cadence (86 beats per minute for me) and set off. By clicking the button on your headphones you can skip songs, 'thumb up' songs that work for you or 'thumb down' ones that don't.

It doesn't bring in all your songs, including some that I have enjoyed running to before, but it is certainly worth knowing about. I need to start getting a bit quicker in preparation for the half and full marathons, and this might just be the tool to help me do it. I'll let you know how I get on.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment