Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 239: Rethinking my eating habits on a late one

RUN: 1.1 miles

I've had a really busy day today, which meant tonight's run was quite a late one.

I have a bad habit of skipping lunch if I'm tight for time at work (which is every day, actually) so I come home ravenous a couple of days of the week, meaning I either have to run on empty or eat and then run on a full tummy. Clearly neither situation is ideal. I'm going to have to organise myself a bit better and take my lunch with me to work.

One problem is I end up snacking on junk - also far from ideal. So as well as needing to eat meals, I need to eat better meals.
There is plenty of advice online about what to eat when you're training - mostly involving fish and chicken. But there isn't much for vegetarians (like me) to go on that involves normal food (ie not tofu or similar veggie muck).
Anyway, I came across the Veggie Runners website run by a mother and daughter, who live in Leeds and like making playlists for running to... just like me!

In injury news... my achilles hurts.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment