Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 245: To Bolton Abbey and back... 15 miles!

RUN: 15.0 miles

Yes, that is correct, these little legs have run 15 miles.

Although the training plan actually said I should do 16 miles today, I'm quite pleased with 15, since that's the furthest I've ever run... EVER.

I set off with boyfriend Andy from Ben Rhydding, near Ilkley, and followed the lane along the river, above Addingham, through Nessfield and Beamsley, on to Bolton Abbey.
Andy is suffering with a poorly foot, so didn't quite make it to the abbey, but I thought since I was so close I might as well go and take a photo of it.

Here I am at the half-way point
 
My conclusions from today's run are:
  • Mountain bikers are a very friendly... a lot more friendly than road bikers.
  • Running in the countryside is more boring than you'd think compared to running in the town/city.
  • I'm feeling confident for a sub-two hour half marathon in three weeks (I was less than half a mile off the half-marathon distance at the two-hour mark).
  • I might actually be able to run a marathon.
Here's my map for today, with the terrain below (you might need to use the zoom on the map to see it properly).


More MapMyRun info on today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment