Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Countdown: Just over a month to go...

Well there's less than five weeks until my challenge starts and I've been training for a good two weeks (!)

I had intended to start a little further in advance, but last-minute Simpson strikes again.

Anyway, it's all going quite well (touch wood!) so I'll keep it up and hopefully I'll be much fitter by the time June 25 arrives.

I've started off running every other day and so far have just been running from home in Guiseley out towards Menston.

It might not sound too impressive to you, but the most I've done is four miles altogether and I can now run the best part of a mile without stopping. Great. I just go a little bit further each time. Well, it's progress at least.

Today is absolutely roasting hot so I am going to wait until later in the evening to go out today... best be kind to myself in the training stage!

At least the paths shouldn't be flooded today, unlike this one in High Royds that had ducks swimming on it the other day (you can just see them waddling away from me in the background)...

No comments:

Post a Comment