Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let's try Race For Life

So I'm going to take part in Race For Life in Ilkley this year as part of my training. I should be able to run 5k in one go easy peasy by this stage, so I'll give it a try. It's on June 10... so just 17 days to go.

I'm obviously paying the entry fee, but since I'm in the process of raising money for another great cause I
won't be doing any other fundraising for Cancer Research UK this year.

Doing Race For Life in the past has been really good. I've done it twice at Skipton and once at Temple Newsam in Leeds - with times certainly nothing to be proud of! There was lots of community spirit and girl power and all that.
So even though I'm not getting sponsored, I'm still supporting the charity in my own little way... and you can all keep hold of your cash and sponsor me big bucks for my big challenge! Hehe.

Here's a pic of me and my friends Emma and Lucy when we did the Race For Life at Broughton Hall in Skipton two years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment