Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Day 10: A little damage limitation with Noene insoles

RUN: 1.0 miles

Today I ran my first one-miler. I just went up through Tranmere Park estate and down Thorpe Lane.
Not sure how much point there is in getting ready, doing all the stretching and going out to run just one mile, but I had to do as little as possible to help stop these shin splints getting any worse.
Today I went to the Sportsshoes.com shop in Bradford (which is sadly shutting down on July 22nd, but will still have the online shop) to get some advice on my shin splints.
I explained my problem and we settled on some 4mm Noene Shock Technology heel pad insoles.
The information on the box says they absorb shocks and vibrations to protect your back, joints and tendons - which the man in the shop said was what I need to stop my "connective tissue coming away from the tibia bone". Yeesh!
Here they are:

I tried them out today, along with my velcro-type shin support, and my legs felt so much better than yesterday. Maybe it's all psychological, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment