Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day 9: A bad day at High Royds

RUN: 3.2 miles

Technical and physical glitches today. I set off to do about four miles, just locally, but my apps and my legs weren't having it.
I started out throught the High Royds estate, but by the time I'd turned the corner towards the main old hospital building (below), the GPS voice was telling me through my earphones that I'd done two miles and the map was all zig-zaggy. Two miles would be nice, but unfortunately not true!


So I reset it from there and ran round menston - half way down Cleasby Road, across Menston Park, along the sandy paths of High Royds, past the cricket pitch and back to where it all went wrong. Then I started it again to record the run home from there properly, so I could double it.
I meant to do a longer route than I did, but sense prevailed and the aching feeling in my shins made me cut it short.
I think I'll try to do the bare minimum for a few days from tomorrow to give my 'beginners'' legs chance to sort themselves out. I've been stretching well, icing my shins and taking ibuprofen after running, but rest is the only option really. So a one-mile 'rest' it is.

Click here for the circular route
Click here for the straight run home (which I doubled as the opposite way didn't record properly)

No comments:

Post a Comment