Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 26: In the pink, all taped up

Run: 2.6 miles

Thinking I'm more than a bit sick of the usual one-mile route, I thought I'd just set off in a different direction and see how it went. So I headed towards Guiseley, down Back Lane, through Morrisons car park and back along the main road. It was 1.6 miles altogether, so I'm quite pleased with that.
With the shin splints still making a nuisance of themselves, I thought I'd try yet another type of support - kinesiology tape. So this morning I put the tape on and this evening I tried it out on my run. Here are my legs all jazzy with the pink tape on:


The tape is supposed to stay on for five days, but it's already starting to come off a bit. I think that might be because I'm not very good at putting it on yet though. I looked on YouTube and followed the taping instructions for both shin and knee support.
Every time I say my legs are having a good day, or even feel slightly ok, I seem to curse myself and they get worse... so I won't say that.
I might go to the gym this weekend to do some swimming or cycling and other leg-strengthening things.
Here's my map for today

No comments:

Post a Comment