Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 25: GPS test - MapMyRun vs Garmin Forerunner

RUN: 1.0 miles

This evening my boyfriend Andy came to keep me company on my one-mile route. He brought his new toy - his Garmin Forerunner watch, so I set my MapMyRun app going too and we compared results.
My app doesn't have all the bells and whistles that his watch does, but I was curious to see whether they would record the same time and distance.
Here are the results:

The Forerunner says 1.02 miles, MapMyRun says 1.04 miles - that's close enough for me. I think I took the inside line for most of the route, so the result is pretty fair. My confidence in my unsophisticated GPS is restored.
Cramped up a bit on my run today - I think it was because I didn't take off my tubigrips before I went out. Stupid idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment