Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 33: Lost on the Yorkshire coast

RUN: 2.1 miles

This weekend we are camping in Filey, North Yorkshire.
Having finished work, packed up the car, driven to the coast and pitched the tent, the sun was going down.
So I quickly dived into my running gear and set off on a short-ish route from the campsite. Only I didn't really know where I was going (not as well as I thought I did).

Here I was looking back down the track towards Filey Brigg
(the big cliffs in the distance)... very picturesque

Thank god for Google Maps. MapMyRun let me down by losing connection, then I ended up running the wrong way - twice! - but I found my way using Google Maps and made it back to our tent before dark.

Here I was lost among the static caravans... not so picturesque!

We did end up cooking soup in the dark though!
Here's the little bit of run I managed to record. And here's the same route (recorded properly, minus my little detour) on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment