Sunday, July 01, 2012

Day 7: Rocking round the block

RUN: 1.8 miles

Just another short local run tonight to see how far 'round the block' is for me. It's 1.87 miles.
Out along Bradford Road, down Park road towards Guiseley then back along (appropriately enough) Back Lane.
I went on my own, too, so a good chance to get some tunes on my iPod to keep me going. I didn't stop once, by the way.
So at the end of my first week, I've done 16.7 miles and I'm feeling good. My shins are slightly sore, but I've been trying to take it easy on them - running on softer surfaces, and flatter where possible, and putting ice/ running cold water on them afterwards.
I'll gradually pick up my miles in the weeks to come until I reach my target of 20 miles per week.

Click here to see the map and stats for today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment