Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Day 38: Note to self - must eat better

RUN: 2.0 miles

I'm on a late shift at work today, so I went out this lunchtime to put in a few miles.
I must admit, I did not want to put on my running gear and leave the house, let alone put one foot in front of the other.
But, that's what this is all about - motivation. I would never have gone out on one single run if I wasn't doing it for a good cause. And I wouldn't have chosen this challenge if it was going to be a piece of cake.

Speaking of cake... I know the reason I felt so sluggish this morning was down to my poor eating habits over the past few days. I've skipped lunch and eaten junk.
I partly blame my mum. Last night she made me eat fish and chips for tea. I've eaten more fish and chips in the last 38 days than I have in the past five years! Must do myself a favour and get back on the veg.
Mind you, having thought about this all the way round my run, the first thing I did when I got back was open a nice cold Coke from the fridge (how did that get there?)

As I type, this message is staring up at me from the cover of a magazine on the coffee table.

Too true

Anyway, here's my route and info from today. Note I did stop twice. No more chips!

1 comment:

  1. Oy cheeky..after months of not cheating on Weight Watchers, you just happened to be coming on the one night that I was desperate for fish & chips! Sorry about that, I do feel a bit guilty about it cos they weren't that good anyway were they? I bet you can't remember the last time I fed you "junk food", but I will make sure that I only feed you good and healthy athlete's fare in the future, I promise! Seriously though Claire, you really must make sure you eat properly. You've a long way to go and need lots of decent fuel to get you there! xx

    ReplyDelete