Saturday, August 04, 2012

Day 41: Quitters don't look like Jessica Ennis

RUN: 5.9 miles

Well here I am sat in Roberts Park in Saltaire on a beautiful sunny day. I'm having a little rest half way through my run from Baildon to here, and back along the canal.

Here's a little video of what I can see now. The bell ringers are practicing at the United Reformed Church and there are plenty of people playing in the park and a cricket game in the distance, as well as people drinking and eating outside the Boathouse pub across the river.


It's very warm and I must admit I thought about cutting my run short (well, to four miles rather than six).
I stopped under a bridge - probably looking like a sweaty, red-faced troll - felt a bit sick and really wanted to turn back. But I didn't.


Quitters do not get to look like Jessica Ennis (who is about to win gold in the London Olympics triathlon). Quitters also don't reach their goal of running 1,000 miles in a year.
I have to run back yet, though. Here it goes...

Part two
Well I made it. 5.9 miles - my longest run yet.
I'm no Olympian, but I am quite proud of today's run. It was a very nice day on the canal, too.

Here's my route and graphs and all that stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment