Sunday, August 05, 2012

Day 42: Dodging the downpours

RUN: 2.0 miles

My muscles and shins have been quite sore after yesterday's run. I expected my shins would possibly give me some grief, but my muscle aches have been a pain in the bum... literally. (It's the muscles on my bum, at the side, below my hips that hurt! Ow.)

The weather today was awful. There was torrential rain, thunder, lightning and even a tornado in Bradford according to Twitter. Check out this tweet and twitpic from @steduffy86!
Here's another video for you, this time of the rain today, taken from my window. I did NOT want to go out in this - I mustn't be as hardcore as the poor cyclist in the video.


Anyway, it carried on, on and off like this all day, but I managed to nip out for a quick few miles between the downpours. Here's my route and stats from today.

PS. Speaking of lightning, I've just watched Usain Bolt win the Olympic 100m at London 2012. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment