Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 47: Healing hands on my legs

RUN: 1.1 miles

After a very busy few days I've been a bit neglectful towards my legs.
No icing, no taping, just a couple of quick, short runs, having been veery short on time.
So my shins and calves must have been relieved when my friend - physiotherapist-in-training Amy Casey - got her hands on them.
She made suggestions on what I can do to ease the shin splints further and how I should be stretching and reassured me about the weird dints in my shin. She also massaged my muscles, working on a few knots in my calf. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of the knots with some enthusiastic stretching and some more massaging.
Amy was impressed with the improvement in the dorsiflexion (I think that's right) in my left leg.
Here she is massaging my shins - Thank you, Amy!


It's surprising how getting to know how your body actually works changes the way you feel about it and makes you want to look after it a lot more.

Here's the info on my woefully short run for today

No comments:

Post a Comment