Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 59: Number crunching on a 'rest' day

RUN: 1.1 miles

Today I decided to take it easy and have a 'rest' day - a one-mile run down the road and back.
So I'm up to 125.5 miles now. If I was up to pace from the beginning - ie, did my 20 miles average each week, I should be up to 161 miles by now. So I'm 36 miles - or 22% behind schedule.
I think this is ok, actually. I'm not worried just yet. Once I get into the proper marathon training (after Christmas) I will be hopefully clocking up the miles like nobody's business, so steadily does it for now. I can't be Paula Radcliffe overnight.
Speaking of her, she has just had an operation - a bone graft on an 18-year-old fracture!
Perhaps I don't want to be Paula Radcliffe at the moment after all!

Twit pic from @paulajradcliffe. Yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment