Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 64: Heading back to the hill in the rain

RUN: 3.2 miles

Today I did roughly the same route as yesterday, but the other way round.
It was far less tough today - maybe because of the shallower gradient and longer climb, or maybe it was because it was chucking it down.
I like running in the rain. It will probably be a very different story in winter, but I do get very hot. Even if my lungs feel fine and my legs feel fine, I often really want to stop just to cool down.

Route and info here

2 comments:

  1. Clairey, you haven't mentioned your shin splints problem for quite a while...do you think you are getting over that now? Is it improving because you have been running for a while now and your legs are getting used to it, or is it likely to come back?
    Moomah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shins aren't too bad at the moment. The muscles down the sides feel fine now and I'm just living with the bruised feeling down the front because it only hurts when I press it and I don't think it's serious. Still keeping my fingers crossed and icing my legs after running every so often. xx

      Delete