Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 79: Disaster strikes - sick, sick, sick!

RUN (walk): 1.0 miles

Today I hit a hurdle. I did anticipate that I would be ill at some point during the year, but I hadn't banked on it being so soon.
I have a tummy bug, and I'm feeling very sorry for myself. A day off work and lots of keeping very still and not eating has not made me feel any better.
I phoned my mum at lunchtime and she offered to come over. She came round this evening and helped me drag myself out of bed and out for a walk. Running was certainly not on the cards tonight. But I couldn't bear to give up on my full challenge, so I had to do a mile no matter what.
I'm pretty disappointed that I haven't run tonight, but I still made a massive effort to go out and fulfil my commitment ,even though I felt really really dreadful. It's been probably the biggest effort I've made since I started running.
I thought the fresh air might make me feel a bit better. It didn't. Hope I feel better soon.

Here's tonight's one-mile walk :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment