Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 84: 200 miles done! Hooray!

RUN: 4.1 miles

Another milestone today, 200 miles!
I was determined to get it done this weekend, so at the end of week 12, I've got 800 miles to go.
I've done the second 100 miles in five weeks, whereas it took me seven weeks to do the first 100 - so I'm definitely heading in the right direction and seeing improvement.

I went along the main road towards Rawdon today, to the JCT600 roundabout and back. I watched a bit of the Great North Run on TV before I set off to get motivated. Here they are all setting off...


I think I'll try to do a half marathon before the full marathon in May. It's probably a good idea to give me half an idea what I'm getting myself into. 13 miles... yikes! 26.2 miles... YIKES!

Here's my run to Rawdon that took me up to 200 miles!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Claire!! Another 100 under your belt, you've kept going in spite of all your problems with shins, feet, and the bout of sickness last week. That's my girl!!! Keep up the good work, I know the winter months will be much tougher, but you're getting much tougher aswell. Just look at the photos of those little children if you need any motivation, and that will spur you on. Moomah xx

    ReplyDelete