Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 85: Pizza inspires my fastest mile

RUN: 1.2 miles

Today my boyfriend Andy returned home after running, hiking, cycling and kayaking 100 miles across the Scottish Highlands in less than 12 and a half hours. (Well done you big hero!)
So all that discipline and training definitely called for a pizza-shaped celebration at the end.
After a call to Domino's, I got ready and headed out for a quick run.
On my way out of the door I passed the delivery man with two pizza boxes (that was quick!) and caught a whiff of the deliciousness inside.
So that was enough to spur me on to do a personal best. I whizzed round my 1.2-mile route in 10m 42s - a good two mins quicker than I've ever done it before!
I think I need a pizza waiting for me at the end of every run! Maybe not.
All I seem to blog about is food, actually. Specifically junk food. I don't really eat badly at all, I think I just feel the need to confess my sins when I do.
Here's the offending article. Yummmm!

Here's today's lightning run! - 1.24 miles in 10 mins 42 seconds (8m 38s per mile. That's very fast for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment