Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 156: Silence is golden after all

RUN: 4.2 miles

In the first few months of running, I worried what was the best music to run to.

I tried fast music, slower music and even working out how many steps I make so I could match my stride to the beats per minute of the music - only to realise I was overthinking the issue and if I tried to run to beats I was only ending up totally out of breath, going faster than I intended to.

Then I tried listening to audio books, which was fine. Although audio books are pretty expensive, and I was getting through one a week.

Now I've taken to listening to... nothing. It's easy to get a good, steady pace and there's nothing to distract you from your thoughts. Plus it helps you concentrate on crossing roads!

A nice quiet run down to JCT600 roundabout and back, tonight. Just four miles.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment