Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 159: Running off into the sunset

RUN: 4.8 miles

After last night's rather chilly evening run, I rushed to make it out before sunset today.
I'm very glad I did because - even though it was still very cold - there were some beautiful scenes.
I took this photo of the white, icy fields lit up by a rainbow sunset through the trees near Thorpe Lane in Guiseley, and thought there might be an even more pretty picture round the corner.

 
And I was right... this is the sunset reflected in the frozen pond at High Royds, with the old hospital clock tower towards the right of the picture.


It's days like this when it's lovely to get out, despite the cold, and just be alone with your own thoughts for a while. I love living in Yorkshire.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment