Saturday, December 01, 2012

Day 160: 400 miles down, 600 to go!

RUN: 4.2 miles

Tonight's four miles took me over the 400-mile mark! Hooray!
I'm roughly on track for my target, working on the theory that my first 500 miles will take a bit longer than the second.
I've done an average of 2.5 miles each day, including my rather slow start thanks to the pesky shin splints, and the couple of times I've been ill and had to keep the running to the one-mile minimum.

So I'm just about 36 miles behind target, but I don't think that's anything to worry about.

Tonight's trip down to Menston was another below-zero run. The pavements are sparkly and I have to look out for patches of black ice like this (below), but I'm determined not to be forced on to the gym treadmill just yet. It might come to that if it snows, though. I'd rather be a martyr running outside in the cold rather than watching TV in the comfort of  the gym, but sure it will happen at some point this winter.


Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment