Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 176: Turning on the waterworks after two miles

RUN: 2.2 miles 

A very strange thing happened this evening.

I did a bit of Christmas shopping (that's not the strange part), then squeezed in a quick run before tea. Just a two-miler.

The weird part was that as I finished my run I burst into tears. Luckily nobody was around or they would have thought I was a nutcase.
I wasn't upset or anything. I didn't feel particularly emotional at all. I felt like some sort of physical, chemical response. Then I couldn't stop!
I am a bit of a cry baby sometimes, but this was weird - so I Googled it. Turns out it happens to other people. But normally after 10, 12, 16 miles and marathons... not two miles! Bizarre.

This whole challenge - or 'journey' as I would call it if I was an X Factor contestant - has been rather more emotional than I expected.
Not through the effort of the running, but because the level of support and the number of people who wish me well, want to see me succeed and even sponsor me to make my efforts worthwhile makes me feel very loved and lucky.
Then there's the faces that we're all trying to fix. Mine's fixed already. Very lucky me again.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment