Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 203: Cyclo-cross inspiration and a dusting of slippery snow

RUN: 1.6 miles

This morning I went to Peel Park in Bradford to watch the national cyclo-cross championships as my cousin Annie Simpson was competing. It was absolutely freezing and so muddy in the park. The track was so churned up and boggy and there were huge hills to climb and obstacles to tackle. Watching the girls in the women's race powering through was really inspirational and showed just what can be acheived through hard work and dedication.

Here's Annie about to jump back on her bike after a huge hill

Having said that, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground by the time I got home, so I ended up tip-toeing around for just 1.6 miles. Apparently there is more snow on the way, so I might find myself back in the gym before long.

Here's today's run

No comments:

Post a Comment