Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 267: A VERY special day at the racecourse

RUN: 1.2 miles

After a final night in Liverpool with a celebratory meal and some well-earned rest, we have come to Chester for a few days.

After the half marathon yesterday, my foot is feeling very bad. I have been struck down with peroneal tendonitis (sharp pain down the outside of my right foot behind the ankle bone), which feels like I've got a knife in my shoe.

We are staying at a hotel at Chester Racecourse, so I put on a brave face for a walk around the course.

As we were wandering (limping) along, boyfriend Andy stopped at a little viewing point overlooking the river and... ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!!

We're engaged! Waaaaaaaa!!
 
I was so shocked, all the pain disappeared! He said he was thinking of proposing after the half marathon (but he diddecided against having the pressure of carrying the ring and the huge box!) or after the marathon (but he couldn't wait that long!) It was a perfect proposal, and I'm so happy!

We sat by the river for a while taking it all in, before walking (still limping) the rest of the way into Chester for a lovely lunch.

Although I was floating around on a cloud, there was still the small matter of today's run to tackle. Fiance Andy joined me for a one-mile lap of Chester Racecourse. At first the pain was bearable, but at five furlongs I got such a sharp stabbing pain, it made me scream out. I did manage to put on a brave face and jog the rest of the lap, but I hope this foot sorts itself out, or I'm in trouble!

Here's today's racecourse run

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaah best post so far! Congrats again! Jenny xxxx

    ReplyDelete