Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 23: I spoke too soon - shin splints are back

RUN: 1.0 miles

Ow ow ow! My shins are in a bad way again.
Perhaps I was getting a bit carried away and doing too much too soon when they started to feel much better. So I just did a mile today again.
A few people have advised me to try to run on grass (not concrete) surfaces to help reduce the impact on my joints. My shortest routes from home take me round the Tranmere Park estate, where there are no pavements - just grass verges kept nice and well-manicured. So I might stick to that for the next few days. Grass is good.
Considering I only went a mile, I felt shattered. Legs felt bad, lungs felt bad. I am by no means fit just yet. This is hard work. But it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy - must work on my positive mental attitude.

Here's the map and stats for that old familiar one-mile circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment