Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 36: A fine few miles before tea

RUN: 2.0 miles

This evening I went out for just a couple of miles straight after work.

I'm not aiming for speed really, but the quicker I run, the better. Anything less than 10 mins per mile is a good run at this stage, I think. So today's pace - 9m 7s per mile wasn't bad.

I think I was spurred on by my rumbly tum. It doesn't help that within 100 yards of our front door we have a pub, a Subway, an Indian restaurant, a Chinese takeaway and a big fish and chip restaurant/takeaway. There seems to be temptation and lovely foody smells everywhere I run, especially at teatime while all the cooking smells are drifting out from people's kitchens and everyone seems to be tucking in while I'm plodding along.

Hunger aside, I felt reasonably good tonight - just two miles, so not overdoing it!
I really want to start going further more often. I might just give it a go, shin splints or no shin splints. Grr!
Here's my (familiar) route and info from this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment