Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Day 73: All girls together for a big Chevin trip

RUN: 7.4 miles

Yes, 7.4 miles! This evening I joined friends Donna, Amy and Zoe for a girls' run from High Royds, up Otley Chevin, over to Yeadon and back through Guiseley to Menston.

I'm always too much of a wuss to head straight up the Chevin when I'm on my own, so group enthusiasm was just what I needed. We ran 7.4 miles (have I mentioned that part?) and it wasn't even excruciatingly difficult. Well, it wasn't easy, but I didn't ever feel the overwhelming urge to stop (well, except on the first bit, the big climb up - I might make it one day).

Amy, Donna and Zoe at the top of the big hill - go girls!

So thanks to the three ladies I was shown what can be achieved. Aim big and every mile needn't be a struggle. The company and chat helped a lot, of course.

In other news, my toes and ankles are hurting a lot after tonight's run. I've got some beauty blisters from these big runs - first blisters in ages - and I'm fairly sure I'm going to be parting with my big toenail pretty soon. Yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment